If you’re looking to have your small wedding in Colorado, here is our list of the best small wedding venues in Colorado! Small wedding venues are perfect for couples who want an easily accessible location for their ceremony to include family and friends.
Before or after your ceremony, you and your partner opt for an intimate, “just the two of us” adventure. This can be a sunrise hike followed by a private vow reading. Or maybe a sunset kayak session. That’s the beauty of eloping – you and your partner can do exactly what you want to do when you want to do it!
Windy Point, Breckenridge, Colorado
Windy Point is located near Dillon Reservoir and sits at 9,000 feet in elevation in the White River National Forest. The site consists of a group camp and a group picnic shelter that can accommodate up to 100 people each. Windy Point has gorgeous mountain views and a lake, making this one of the most gorgeous places for your small Colorado wedding.
A few things to note about Windy Point:
- It is open from May 25-October 1st
- It costs between $215-$265 to rent this outdoor space for your elopement
- There are bathrooms
- There is a parking area
- The Lake Loop has a handicap-accessible group picnic shelter
- Can accommodate up to 100 people
With such easy access to Dillon Reservoir, Windy point is perfect if you want to incorporate kayaking or boating into your elopement.
Nearby towns: Breckenridge, Keystone, Arapahoe Basin, Frisco, and Copper Mountain are all 10 minutes away from Windy Point.
To elope at this small wedding venue, click here to rent this space.
Sapphire Point Overlook, Breckenridge, Colorado
Arguably one of the prettiest small wedding venues in Colorado! Sapphire Point Overlook sits between Keystone and Breckenridge on Swan Mountain Road, at an elevation of 9,500 feet. The overlook offers a stunning view of Dillon Reservoir. This spot is also surrounded by the Gore and Tenmile mountain ranges. Sapphire Point is a day-use area that can be reserved for two-hour blocks for your small Colorado wedding. You can reserve Sapphire Point Overlook here.
A few things to know about Sapphire Point Overlook:
- The space can be reserved in two-hour time blocks
- We recommend couples book this spot at least 6 months before their wedding
- Sapphire Point Overlook is available year-round
- It costs $110 to reserve this space
- Can accommodate up to 35 people
- Use of portable chairs and other furniture is allowed
- Not super wheelchair accessible
Nearby towns: Breckenridge, Keystone, Frisco
Maroon Bells Amphitheater, Aspen, Colorado
You’ve probably seen the picturesque mountains of the Maroon Bells all over the internet and on Pinterest. This is one of the most photographed spots in Colorado and for good reason! The Maroon Bells Amphitheater is hands down the most breathtaking small wedding venue in Colorado!
We love that this venue sits above the hiking trail so you and your partner can have a little more privacy for your wedding. We recommend this space for sunrise if you are able to snag a slot!
The amphitheater has views of the surrounding Maroon Bells-Snowmass Wilderness, aspen groves, meadows of wildflowers, and dark forests of spruce and fir that rise up from the valleys to alpine landscapes. Here, bighorn sheep, pika, and ptarmigan find habitat above timberline.
Fun fact: The Maroon Bells are unique in the Rockies in that they are made up of metamorphic sedimentary mudstone that gives the peaks their maroon color and unstable nature for climbing!
A few things to know about Maroon Bells Amphitheater:
- You will need to reserve this space at least a year in advance
- This spot is wheelchair accessible
- Couples who reserve this space will be given 5 parking passes
- Up to 50 people are allowed at this site
- Reservations are not accepted for Fridays and Saturdays in June, July, and August
- Reservations are not accepted for Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in September and October
- It costs $200 to reserve this space
Nearby towns: Aspen, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs
To reserve this space, click here.
Sunrise Amphitheater, Boulder, Colorado
The Sunrise Amphitheater in Boulder is one of the coolest small wedding venues in Colorado! It is a hop, skip, and jump away from Boulder, actually, it overlooks Boulder! Which is pretty dang cool. We love that this space feels like you are getting married on your own private mountain.
We also love that this space has built-in benches so you don’t have to worry about providing seating for your guests!
Some important things to know about the Sunrise Amphitheater:
- This space can hold up to 100 people
- There are bathrooms on site
- Parking is available
- There are no picnic tables
- This space is available from May 1st to October 30th
- Wheelchair accessible to seating area; the 6’ wide crusher fines path is about 200’ long with a grade of 7-8% the whole way. (For wheelchair accessibility to the stage, please notify the OSMP Administration Office at 303-441-3440 for a ramp.)
- Unable to be reserved on the following holidays: Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, or New Year’s Day
One thing that is unique about this venue is that you can reserve a one-hour time slot or a three-hour time slot. One-hour time slots are $150 for non-residents and $100 for residents. You can reserve this space in one-hour time slots from 6 am-9 am.
Three-hour time slots are $400 for non-residents and $300 for residents. You can reserve a three-hour time slot from 10 am – 1 pm, 2 pm – 5 pm, and 6 pm – 9 pm.
You can reserve the Sunrise Amphitheater here.
Nearby towns: Boulder, Longmont, Lyons
Julia’s Deck, Vail, Colorado
This gorgeous small wedding venue is actually an observation deck! Julia’s Deck is accessed by an easy 1/8 mile accessible trail. It has stunning views of the Mount of the Holy Cross. The small wooden deck has 3 benches for seating and can hold up to 30 people. The parking area can hold up to 10 vehicles and has a vault toilet.
Call the Holy Cross Ranger District to reserve a 2-3 hour time slot during the summer months. Their number is 970-827-5715.
Closest towns: Vail, Frisco, Breckenridge, Aspen
San Sophia Overlook, Telluride, Colorado
Located steps from the gondola, San Sophia Overlook is one of the most gorgeous small wedding venues in Colorado! This overlook features spectacular views of the town of Telluride and Wilson Peak. Can you imagine taking a gondola to your wedding ceremony?! Talk about an adventurous entrance! This site is also surrounded by towering pine trees, a grassy meadow, and granite steps that lead you to the wooden deck. Click here for more information.
Important information about this spot:
- This spot can accommodate up to 200 people
- There are no changing facilities or weather shelters
- There is a yurt for the bridal party
- Public restrooms are located adjacent to the Gondola Station
- Telluride Ski Resort handles all catering on-site
For a direct quote, availability, and any further pricing information, potential clients should reach out to the TSG Events Coordinator at 970-728-7447 or email@example.com.
Hermit Park Open Space, Estes Park, Colorado
Hermit Park Open Space is perfect for couples who are going for that rustic, camping vibe for their small Colorado wedding. You will be completely surrounded by gorgeous mountains, big meadows, towering pine trees, and wildflowers galore in the summer.
With a stunning view of Longs Peak, this venue is beautiful yet affordable and an ideal ceremony site for outdoor enthusiasts, offering a back-country feeling in a front-country location. If you love the outdoors, this may be the perfect site for you. Afterward, you can your partner can hit the Kruger Rock Trail for incredible views of Rocky Mountain National Park!
Reserve this space here.
Things to know about Hermit Park Open Space:
- Can accommodate up to 150 people
- Has a covered tablespace
- Has a fire pit
- Has an entrance fee
- Open March to mid-December
- It is $500 to reserve this space
Let’s Get You Eloped!
There are so many incredible small wedding venues in Colorado for your Colorado elopement! We’d absolutely love to help you plan your small wedding or elopement in Colorado. Click here to contact us to start planning your dream wedding.
Bailee + Jake